High-Side Charge Ports
The high-side charge port is a quick-connect fitting that provides access to the high-pressure side of the AC system. Most AC systems are evacuated and filled from the high-side charge port in the assembly plant. Accordingly, the high-side charge port should include a high-flow capacity valve element to assure that the system can be evacuated to an appropriate vacuum level in the least amount of time.
Valves usually utilized for the high-side charge port are the “Primary Seal” Integrated Valve and the 10 mm Valve Core and 10 mm housing. Schrader Pacific does not recommend the use of a standard flow valve core in this application. The high-side charge port exterior has a design that allows for a quick connection to the AC charging head. The quick-connect design is specified by SAE J639, and there are different connection designs for each refrigerant to assure there is no cross-contamination of refrigerant.
Remember that the charge port is half a mated pair, working in coordination with our valve core. Our valve cores are designed, validated, and manufactured for optimal performance with our charge ports. Refer to the technical information on our valve core page and in our valve brochure.
- Meets SAE J639 specifications
- Available for high-side and low-side
- New elastomers designed specifically for HFO-1234-YF and its new oils
- Engineered for minimum permeation loss
- High-side valves engineered for maximum flow and fill rates
- Validated against the most severe service conditions
- Target 15 year life
- Meets OE performance specifications
- Production and prototypes available
Need a Valve?
We are here to assist with questions about new Product Development or Standard Product Applications. Standard products can be sourced from any of our distributors.